welcome

I have fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, and hypothyroidism & I've been able to lose over 175 pounds without surgery by following a High Fat/Low Carb "diet". Here I tell my story and share news about nutrition, metabolism, health, exercise, and changing your perceptions and habits so you can find the same amazing success that I have.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I'm here, I'm getting lean and I'm MAD

Welcome to my new blog.  I went searching out there for a cool blog name and sadly, alot of the ones I found on weight loss, getting skinny or thin, for motivating themselves to lose weight with a blog, etc. had been taken and many of them, long since abandoned by whoever created them in the first place.

There's a graveyard of abandoned blogs and forgotten efforts out there.

I have to wonder if these people ever succeeded in their weight loss. 
Anyway, I am here to tell you that I have lost the weight, I'm still working at it, and I intend to tell the world how I did it (without surgery) and see if I can save others from the same fate I was once heading for.

So instead of "losing the weight" or "countdown to thin" or something like that, my blog is from someone who HAS done it, most of the way at least.

As for being MAD, yes, I am very angry.  At the news media, doctors, medical community and government that had been feeding us the WRONG nutritional information for decades now.  For it resulted in me being overweight, hungry and miserable for so long.

Don't get me wrong.  I personally take some of the blame as well, but I thought I had to starve myself, count calories, cut out fat, exercise, count points, drink shakes, and whatever else I did to lose weight only to fail miserably every time and keep putting on more weight.

Thankfully, in 2004, I discovered Atkins.  And that I could eat high fat, low carb, eat great and lose weight.

And I did.  175 lbs down.  About 30 or so more to go.  My journey hasn't been perfect, but I've learned lots along the way.

And I'm here to tell my story, share news and research, and let you know you can still eat great and healthy and lose weight without surgery.

There is HOPE for those who want to lose weight.

Find me on twitter and stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment